Pleasant and happy life with social and nice functions
Good understanding, harmony and sexual compatibility
Good quality of life
Birth of children and their prosperity
Mutual attraction and affection with inseparable temparament
Avoiding widowhood or widower-hood [see below]
Avoid evil affects arising out of marriage
The minimum requirement is fixed as 18 points i.e. at least 50% score.
If the score is bellow 18 it is considered a bad match.
18 to 22 is considered a moderate match.
23 to 25 is considered a good match.
26 to 28 is considered very good and
above 28 is rated excellent.
The following conditions and attributes of the 27 stars are important while matching.
1) Dinam (DinathAyushyamAarogyam) – 3 points
The presence of Dina Koota agreement ensures that the husband and wife remain healthy and free from all sorts of diseases and will enjoy all comforts and a long lease of life.
Count the stars beginning from the star of the girl to that of the boy. If such counted number comes as 2,4,6,8,9,11,13,15,18,20,24,26, it is good and agrees. (Or count the Nakshatra of the boy from the girl and divide the number by nine. The remainder should be 0, 1, 2, 4, 6 or 8).
If Rohini, Ardhra, Maka, Visaka, Sravana, Hasta, Uttarashada, Revathi happens to be the same star for girl and boy they agree.
In cases of Mrigasira, Aswani, Krithika, Punarvasu, Pushya, Uttara, Chitra, Uttarashada, Purvashada stars, if they are same they also agree but are given secondary choice. Others do not agree.
If it is compatible points are 3, if not 0.
2) Ganam (SobhanamGanamEvacha) – 4 points
This koota ensures compatible sex life. It is the matching of the human minds, nature and their temperaments. The 27 Nakshatras are grouped in to three Ganas – Deva or divine, Manusha or human and Rakshasa or demoniac DevaNakshatraNakshatras are by nature religious, satwik character and charitable nature. Manusha is a mixture of good and bad, while the RakshasaNakshatras represent dominance, selfishness and aggressive.
There are some differences of opinion regarding this matching but the following is the most commonly agreed matching:
If both are Deva or Manushya or RakshasaGana they agree. In this case the matching gets 4 points
Secondary matching is Manushya with either Deva or Rakshasa. In this case the matching gets 2 points.
Deva & Rakshasa, the two extremes, do not match and this gets 0 points.
3) Yoni ( YonidhoDhampathySneham ) – 4 points
The word Yoni indicates the private reproductive organ. So it is said that presence of Yoni Koota is a must to ensure sexual compatibility & mutual love between husband and wife – not size but nature. The 27 stars have certain animal forces associated with them vis-à-vis sexual attitude, capacity etc. The matching rules are as follows:
Same animal & natural sexes – i.e. Dog with Dog where boy is M & Girl is F – 4 points.
Same animal but with sexes reversed – i.e. Tiger with Tiger Boy F & Girl M – 3 points.
Different animals but not enemies or hostile and natural sexes – i.e. Cow with Buffalo & Boy M & Girl F – 2
Different animals but not enemies or hostile & sexes reversed – i.e. Goat with Deer & Boy is F & Girl is M – 1 point
Cow and tiger, elephant and lion, horse and buffalo, dog and deer, rat and cat, goat and monkey, snake and mongoose are declared enemies to each other. They don’t match & matching points are 0
Other natural prey combinations like Tiger, Lion vs. Deer, Goat, Cow, Buffalo and Snake vs. Rat are also not good.
The Yonis are also further classified as: (1) Bird, (2) Reptile, (3) Animal, and (4) Human.
(1) Second half of Capricorn and Pisces belong to the bird Yoni.
(2) Cancer and Scorpio are of reptile Yoni.
(3) Aries, Taurus, Leo and first half of Capricorn are animal source.
(4) Gemini, Virgo, Libra Sagittarius (first half) and Aquarius are of human origin.
If the Yonis of the two are the same, it is very good. If one is animal and the other human, it is moderate.
Human & Animal Yoni are not compatible with reptile or bird Yoni.
4) Rasi ( RasinamVamsavridhiKuruth ) – 7 points
This ensures the continuation of one’s family through the birth of children. Apart from that as ones Rasi plays an important role in ones mentality and attitude, this is a very important matching.
There are a few differences in evaluating this but the following is the most commonly agreed method:
If both the Rasis are 1, 5, 7, 9 from each other, the matching is very good and points given are 7
If both Rasis are 3 or 11 from each other, the matching is good and 5 points are given.
If both Rasis are 4 or 10 from each other, the matching is acceptable and 4 points are given.
If both Rasis are 2-12 or 6-8 from each other, BUT if they are Mesha, Vrishabha, Tula, Vrischika combinations the matching is acceptable and the points given are 3.
Other 2-12, 6-8 combinations are bad and points given are 0
This refers to the friendship between the lords of the Rasis of the girl and boy. This Koota also confers children. See the Rasi of the boy and girl, their lords should be friendly or neutral.
See the relationship of the Girl’s Rasi lord (moon sign) with that of the Boy’s Rasi lord. Then see the relationship of the Boy’s Rasi lord with that of the Girl’s Rasi lord. It should be checked both ways because, for example, for Moon Mars is Neutral where as for Mars Moon is friend.
If friends in both cases or same – 5 points.
If friend in one case & Neutral in the other case – 4 points
If Neutral in both cases – 3 points
If Friend in one case & Enemy in the other case – 2 points
If Enemy in one case & Neutral in the other case – 1 points
If Enemies in both cases – 0 points
6) Rajju Mangalya Vristhysthyath. This ensures the girl living happily her husband and also ensures a long life to the husband.. The birth stars should fall in different Rajju groups. This gives 5 points. If in same group it is 0. 7)Vedha. Vedhashya Sohanashanam. This wards off evils and pitfalls. The birth stars of the girl and boy should not be Vedha stars. If so 2 points and if not 0.
8)Vashya. Vashyath anyonya vashyat.
his is an important koota suggesting the degree of magnetic control over each other. Moon sign of the bride and the bridegroom must fall in the same group to get the maximum of 2 points.
1. Chatushpada (quadruped) – Mesha, Vrisha, the second half of Dhanu, the first half of Makara.
2. Manava/Nara (biped) – Mithuna, Kanya, Tula, the first half of Dhanu, Kumbha.
3. Jalachara (Aquatic) – Karka, Meena, the second Half of Makara.
3. Vanachara (wild) – Simha (not included amongst the quadrupeds above)
4. Keeta (insect) – Vrishchika. (Karka has been included under Jalachara, vide supra).
All signs except Vrishchika are vashya for simha. Exept Simha, all signs are vashya for Manava. The Jalachara serves as food for Manava as does Chatushpada for vanachara, and these combinations are not favoured. The below table shows the points gained from vashya matching of the couple’s charts. Gunas from matching of Vashya
Bride / Groom–>
Every zodiac sign has its own special characteristics, strengths and limitations. We all seems to experience higher compatibility levels with some and don’t get along that well with a few. This compatibility is believed to come from the zodiac signs of the individuals. When the Vashya Koota is found to be compatible between the prospective bride and groom, it is believed to ensure a harmonious marriage. With Vashya Koota, the most compatible horoscopes score 2 points, whereas the least compatible ones score 0 points. When a score of 0 is arrived at, the match is said to be highly incompatible. There are some exceptions to the rules and in these instances, the horoscopes are not considered to be incompatible. Consulting a Vedic astrologer to match horoscopes ensures a correct assessment of the compatibility in the birth horoscopes of the prospective bride and groom. Harmonious and long lasting martial unions are often ensured by Vasya Koota in marriage match making. Cancellation of Vashya Dosha The 0 score of Vashya Koota can be ignored under the following conditions:
If the Rashi lords are mutual friends.
If the couple have the same Rashi lords.
If the Rashi are mutual friends in the Navamsha
9) Mahendra. Mahendram putravristhishyat. Ensures good number of children and happiness. It is very auspicious for the couple if the bride’s nakshatra is the 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22 or 25th from the groom’s nakshatra. In this way it is unfavorable if the groom’s nakshatra is the 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 26 or 27th from the bride’s nakshatra. If agrees 2 points and if not 0.
10) Stree deergham. Stree deergath sarva sampath. Ensures prosperity. Counting from that of the girl if the boys nakshatra is more that 13 then good . and given 2 points and if not 0.