What are the names of the 9 main Grahas or planets?
The 9 planets are: Soorya (Sun), Chandra (Moon), Mangala (Mars), Budha (Mercury), Guru (Jupiter), Shukra (Venus), Shani (Saturn), Rahu and Ketu.
The planets are the prime entities which govern the significance of the character, events and time of a horoscope.
Each Planet has characteristics which it manifests on the houses, to the nakshatra where in placed.
Each Planet has special drishtis or aspects.
Each has its own color, gem stone, grain, plant and other things assigned to it.
For example, Rice is assigned to Moon, Red Coral gem to Mars and so on.
Reach me at steve at stevehora dot com .
You can write to us to know more about Vedic Astrology.
- Vedic Astrology, pdf and articles.
- Vedic Astrology, ebooks and education.
- Vedic Astrology or Jyotish.
- Astrology chart - Reading.
- Vedic Astrology
- Read a Vedic Astrology birth chart
- Birth chart reading in tamil Nadi leaf.
- Vedic Astrology, course and classes.
- Matrimony compatibility
- Time of birth.
- D-1 or lagna chart.
- D-9 or Navamsa chart.
- D-7 or Saptamsa chart.
- D-10 or Dasamsa chart.
- D-2 or Hora chart.
- D-3 or Drekkana chart.
- D-150 or Nadi chart.
- Connection between Lagna and divisional charts.